I was ill with a virus for a few days and it gave me time to ponder things. I don’t get ill very often so you’d think I’d be grateful to have the time to think, but I’m not. Here’s what I learned:
- When you’re sick you have lots of time to do the things you never have time to do, except you don’t feel like doing any of them.
- You never have a good book around to read when you’re sick and you’re too ill to go to the library.
- There’s really not much good on TV – daytime or evening.
- My husband can’t tell the difference between when I style my hair and when I don’t. (I could have saved myself a lot of trouble all these years…)
- The Disney channel has a whole bunch of programs that really don’t deserve to be on TV. Even for 8-year-olds they would be insulting.
- I can probably get away without showering for one day, but not two.
- You can live on Popsicles and Rice Chex for a few days before you never want to eat them again.
- I always promote hand washing to keep from getting sick, but I got sick anyway. Thanks soap and water.
- The best weather for doing things outside is bound to show up when you’re sick. Like 66 degrees and sunny in November for God’s sake.
- Netflix on Demand is pretty handy to have around – even though selection is limited. (They didn’t even have Logan’s Run.)
- If you blog while ill, you better have someone else proofread or you may end up with cattqeimmex%$ 8&td$#cklz
- There are not enough blankets in my house to keep me warm when I’m sick. I almost called Hertz Rent a Blanket.
- They really CAN get along without me at the office, and probably you too.
- Being sick is a big waste of time, so make sure you wash your hands a lot, get a flu shot and cover your cough.(but you still may get sick anyway!)
- © The author and Huffygirl’s Blog, 2010 to 3010. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author and Huffygirl’s Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.