The readers have spoken. Despite my attempt to put the Stylish Blogger Award to rest by exposing the 100% true story of the origin of the SBA http://huffygirl.wordpress.com/2011/02/12/the-true-story-of-the-stylish-blogger-award/, it was not enough. Blogger buddy Working Tech Mom has
pointed out that I’ve deprived my readers of learning seven things about me, and
threatened suggested that something bad may happen to my front bike tire should I not comply. And, aw heck, it’s a fun thing that I really SHOULD do anyway.
So, without further ado, here they are, in no particular order, my nominations for the SBA. Some of these folks are so stylish they’ve been nominated multiple times, but I think they’re epic enough to handle it.
- Conjuring My Muse http://margaretreyesdempsey.wordpress.com/ Margaret Reyes Dempsey, published fiction author and technical writer, shows off her creative prose in musings about life.
- Earthquakes and Rattlesnakes http://earthquakesandrattlesnakes.wordpress.com/ Despite my irrational fear of any kind of snake, rattle or otherwise, I enjoy Zahara’s folksy takes on life, peppered with original photographs.
- Working Tech Mom http://workingtechmom.wordpress.com/ Classy Canadian Techy writes about balancing life, career and family, interspersed with amazing photos and cheery art.
- Garden Muse http://gardenmuse.wordpress.com/ Cindy Dyer’s amazing botanical photography makes you feel like summer is already here.
- Todd Pack’s Messy Desk http://toddpack.com/ What’s not to like about a guy who describes himself as “… more Mayberry and sweet tea than NASCAR and rasslin’.” Up here in Michigan, you just don’t hear the word rasslin’ enough. Todd’s writings remind me of my own – good-natured comments on life and family.
And, drumroll – seven things you might not know about me:
- I have green eyes – not immediately obvious, because they’re smoky-green with cinnamon-brown centers
- I want to learn piano, but have been paralyzed by my almost dyslexic inability to read music. I have yet to find a piano teacher who understands this.
- As part of my quest to improve my cycling skills, last year I participated in
my very first triathlon. I was the biking leg of a three person relay team. Unfortunately speedy swimmer Pete and fast runner Dave were slowed down by my dismal slog, but I hope to improve my time, maybe this year.
- Whenever I travel I compare the beaches I see to my Lake Michigan beaches at home. So far I’ve not seen a beach that surpasses my home favorites. If there is one out there, please let me know where.
- I honed my writing skills in Catholic grade school, under the tutelage of nuns who made us diagram sentences, and refined them under my 1oth and 11th grade English teacher, Ethel N.
- I’m one of those old-fashioned women who was a stay-at-home mom for years, and enjoyed just about every minute of it.
- I was always the quiet, nerdy girl in school.
And so, I’ve fulfilled my requirements. Hopefully, my front bike tire will remain safe. And the Stylish Blogger Award will go on.